A Quintessential English Village

Over a week ago we were in Datchworth, a quaint little village in Hertfordshire, just 40 minutes away by train from central London. Before Datchworth became a civil parish it is mentioned in the Anglo-Saxon charter dated 969 during the time of King Edgar, and it is recorded as an agricultural village with over 1500 acres of arable land and 200 acres of pasture. Continue reading “A Quintessential English Village”